I've installed new handlebars with more pullback so I won't have to lean forward quite so far and a new clutch cable and new control levers. I've rebuilt the fuel petcock and all 4 inlet manifolds.
I've also been trying to figure out a decent method of mounting the exhaust muffler. The last owner had simply welded the muffler's mount tab to the frame and after getting that freed up and the frame repainted, I've been struggling with finding a mounting method. I looked at wrap around clamps and I considered bolting or welding a plate to the frame extension, neither of which seemed like a good idea.
Today I figured out a simple, flat bracket that bolts to the frame with 2 existing bolt holes and secures the muffler with one bolt and a spacer. It took less than an hour to make it, including the trip to Home Depot to buy the steel! I've painted it so it will be ready for installation the next time I get out to the shop. I have no idea why it took me so long to figure out this simple and effective mount.
Next, figuring out where the fuel level sending wires are in the wire harness!